InFocus X1 Video Projector


X1 is a fantastic Home Entertainment system5

I purchased the X1 just before Christmas (delivery in 36 hours!) to be the video source for my Home Entertainment system. I use a computer to supply DVD input and for computer games. The Xbox and game Cube are connected through the s-video input. I am projecting on a 84 inch diagonal white screen. Viewing distance is about 11 feet.

DVD movies look perfect. There is no visible pixilation and blacks are close to true black (in film mode). Part of this is no doubt do to using a computer for the DVD input. I believe a direct s-video input may not be as good (I have not tried this though).

The video game systems also look great. Four player Halo on a big screen has to be seen to be believed.

I also have a TV tuner (Hauppage)in the computer and astonishingly the TV image (at about 65 inch diagonal)is excellent.

The only reservation would be that the light output is not great (especially in film or video mode) so you need to use it in a room that can be fully blacked out.

The picture is much better than any rear projection HDTV's I have seen (of any size). For the money I doubt you could by a better picture for TV or DVD viewing.

The native resolution is SVGA so Text is slightly ragged especially when displayed in XGA mode. Again due to the SVGA native resolution computer games do not look as good as on high resolution monitor. I would therefore not recommend the projector as your only computer monitor or for large amounts of web surfing.

Definitely recommended.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment